Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
RESTAURANT NEIGHBOR AWARD PROGRAM
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (“Foundation”) offers the restaurant and hospitality industry (the “Industry”) in the United States various award (“Award”) programs (the “Programs”). One such Program that Foundation offers is the annual Restaurant Neighbor Award (“RNA”) to honor restaurants for their significant and measurable contributions made to the communities and neighborhoods in which they do business. State and National RNA honorees make lasting, positive impacts in the community through charitable donations, fundraising, volunteerism and community support, and are expected to embrace qualities of professionalism, hospitality, civic-mindedness and the care for their community.
The following Terms and Conditions outline the RNA Program, subject to future change by Foundation to improve the RNA. By submitting an application or allowing itself to be considered and/or participating in the RNA process, the applicant (“Applicant”), accepts and agrees to be bound, and abide by, these Terms and Conditions.
Awards. Awards will be made on an annual basis, with three national winners. Ten thousand dollars ($10,000.00) shall be awarded to a charity of each national winner’s choice (subject to the Foundation’s review and approval) to support the charity or its community project. Each national Award recipient will also have its representative receive a trip to Washington, DC to receive the Award on its behalf at the “Gala Awards” dinner in the spring of the following year. Exact details of the trip will be provided at time of Award recipient notification. Any costs and expenses not included as part of the trip details will be the responsibility of the Award recipient and/or its representative. A video highlighting the winner’s restaurant will be created by, and at the expense of, the Foundation, to be shown at the Gala Awards dinner. By participating and accepting the Award, the winner agrees to Foundation’s use of the restaurant’s name and identity in connection with such video or other uses by Foundation related to the Award. Foundation reserves the right to not provide any or all Awards if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified applications.
Selection Process. Applications for the Awards are first submitted to Foundation through an online web portal. Applications are then sent to the appropriate state restaurant association (“SRA”) for review. Restaurants that are owned, in whole or in part, by any individual who is employed by any local, state or federal government office or agency, who is an elected official or listed on the OFAC Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List, are not eligible. Each participating SRA selects up to five (5) restaurants from its state to compete for the national Award. Subject to the conditions contained herein and at the sole discretion of Foundation, each SRA will be sent a plaque to present to their state winner(s) to display in its restaurant as well as having its community service program highlighted on the Foundation website. The SRA forwards the winners’ list to Foundation for evaluation. Foundation each year will convene a panel of judges representing the Industry, the nonprofit community nationwide, and the nationwide media. Those judges will decide the three national winners, from the list of state winners, subject to the final approval of Foundation as outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
Notification and Award Process. The authorized representatives of potential Award recipients will be notified by telephone, mail and/or email of any preliminary Award decision, and will be required to submit any additional information requested or accept any other conditions Foundation may specify, including publicity releases within seven (7) days of the date of notice. If an authorized representative of a potential Award recipient does not respond to the initial notification within the time period stated, or accept and return all required documents within the specified time period, Foundation reserves the sole right to withdraw the preliminary decision and notice as well as any final decision or Award, and, at Foundation’s discretion, a runner-up may be selected for the category at issue. Awards will be provided in the name of the restaurant and not the authorized representative or owner of the restaurant.
Applicant Criteria and Applications. Applications should only be submitted by owners or authorized representatives of restaurants who are at least 18, or the legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older, and legal U.S. residents. Authorized representatives must have the authority to agree to these Terms and Conditions on behalf of the restaurant, including the grant of the rights and conditions set forth herein or by Foundation. Restaurant Applicants should be involved in their community programs and projects, and may have their own program that helps and materially impacts their community (e.g., fundraising, volunteer involvement, encouraging their employees to join community projects, etc.). Specific factors that will be looked at include:
• Commitment/Involvement. How long has the restaurant Applicant been involved in community activities? How did the program evolve? How is the restaurant staff involved?
• Impact. What impact has the restaurant’s involvement had or likely will have on the community (e.g., dollars raised, people fed, volunteer hours, etc.)?
• Reputation. Restaurant Applicants must have and maintain sound business reputations in their community and state, including but not limited to treatment of customers and compliance with all laws and applicable regulations.
Information provided in the Applications must be true and verifiable. The applicable SRA and/or Foundation reserve the right to request proof of all or part of information provided in a form acceptable to Foundation from any Applicant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested, render the application null and void. Foundation reserves the right to refuse or withdraw any Award application or Award issuance at any time in its sole discretion, including but not limited to violation of law, inappropriate conduct, allegations of objectionable or discriminatory behavior or other wrongdoing, etc.
Restaurant Applicants do not necessarily have to be members of the National Restaurant Association (“Association”) to apply or receive an Award, although Association membership may be used by the judges as a factor of the restaurant’s commitment to the Industry. There is no entry fee to apply. Applications may be found on the Foundation website at: www.chooserestaurants.org/awards or by contacting your SRA.
• The RNA Program, as well as the Foundation’s awarding of any award or prize, is subject to the sole discretion of the Foundation and its staff. The Foundation reserves the right to terminate and/or rescind any Awards made or promised in its sole discretion and for any reason or no reason.
• The RNA Program is subject to change and/or cancellation by Foundation at any time for any reason.
• Disbursement of the Awards each year is subject to Foundation discretion, including funding for the Program. Insufficient funding may result in Program cancellation, as solely determined by Foundation.
• Award recipients are solely responsible for their own tax consequences, if any, under federal, applicable state or local law.
• All Awards are final, subject to these Terms and Conditions. By submitting an application or being considered for an Award, each Applicant waives all legal recourse against any SRA or the Foundation or any of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, or advertising and promotion agencies, or the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of the forgoing (collectively, “Released Parties”) for any claim or cause of action, in law or in equity, as a result of the RNA Program, the Award process, or its participation therein.
• By entering into the RNA Program process, the Applicant hereby grants Foundation the right to use its names, logos and any pictures that include the same or their representatives for the purposes of the Program or to promote the same, prior to, at the Awards ceremony as well as any time thereafter, in any manner, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, worldwide, without additional consideration or notification to, or permission from, the Applicant.
• Released Parties are not responsible for errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Program, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Program, the processing or reviewing of applications, the announcement of the Awards or in any Program-related materials.
• The Foundation will grant any Award winners a limited, revocable right to use the Foundation’s authorized trademarks in order to acknowledge the Award recipient’s winning of the Award. Award recipients agree to immediately cease using any marks of the Foundation related to the RNA Award, immediately upon receiving notice from the Foundation.
• RNA Applicants hereby accept all of these Terms and Conditions, as reflected by their participation in the Program.
• This RNA Program and these Terms and Conditions will be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, without regard to any conflicts of laws principles. All disputes arising hereunder shall be resolved in the local or federal courts in the District of Columbia, and the Applicant agrees to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in the District of Columbia.
Verification/Indemnification. On behalf of the Applicant, by proceeding with the application, I accept these Terms and Conditions, and verify and attest as true and accurate to the best of my knowledge and belief that all statements and information provided by me on the Applicant’s behalf or the Applicant in connection with these Award considerations, and indemnify the Foundation and its affiliates for any damages that may incur due to any misrepresentation or submittal of inaccurate or false information I or Applicant may provide.